You are invited to come and join our church plant in Hunslet – the Hunslet Gathering!
We love the south of Leeds, all of it, not only our patch. And we are excited to support other churches reach out into their community with the Good News of Jesus.
If you live in LS10 (Hunslet or Belle Isle), you might be interested in the Hunslet Gathering. You can follow us on Facebook.
Since April 2019, the Hunslet Community Church Gathering has been meeting at St Mary’s Primary School, Hunslet.
We are a growing community of families and individuals seeking to share the good news of Jesus, grow in numbers and serve the community of Hunslet by planting a new Church of England church.
We gather in the school hall at St Mary’s Primary on the second Sunday of the month at 3.30pm, starting formally at 3.45pm. You can get access to the school hall where we meet via the car park on Lupton Street. We start with a few worship songs; hear news from people, share stories; hear a reading from the Bible; think about the reading in more detail, usually in a fun way; around tables we talk and share how the reading makes us feel; we pray; and finally we move into meal time. We ALWAYS end our gatherings with food. We aim to finish the service about 4.45pm, and eat until about 5.30pm – though these times aren’t fixed.
- We hope that we’ll have fun and laugh together, but also share life together – the highs and lows.
- We hope that the gathering will be a place to meet God, but also neighbours and new folk.
- We hope that the time suits people with young families and others for whom morning services aren’t accessible.
- We hope this will be a place for those who know God a lot and those who don’t even know if God is there
- We hope as people attend they want to help run and contribute to the gathering – everyone involved.
- We hope that our community will be served by coming together – we believe God wants the best for Hunslet!