The Parish Safeguarding Officer at St Luke’s is Rowena Brewer. If you have a safeguarding concern you can email email@example.com
St Luke’s has agreed the following statement of safeguarding principles:
- We will carefully select, support and train all those with any responsibility within St Luke’s. All workers with children or vulnerable adults are DBS (criminal records) checked and training is available on safeguarding issues.
- We will respond without delay to every complaint made, that any adult, child or young person may have been harmed, cooperating with the police and local authority in any investigation.
- We will offer pastoral care and support to anyone who has suffered abuse, developing with them an appropriate ministry that recognises the importance of understanding the needs of those who have been abused, including their feelings of alienation and/or isolation.
- We will protect survivors of sexual abuse from the possibility of further harm and abuse.
- We will challenge any abuse of power, especially by anyone in a position of trust.
- We will offer pastoral care and support, including supervision, and referral to the appropriate authorities, to any member of St Luke’s known to have offended against a child, young person or vulnerable adult.
- In all these principles we will follow legislation, guidance and recognised good practice.
Any further questions please speak to Rowena Brewer or Alistair Kaye.
We know just how hard it is to lose somebody special to you, and just how important it is to have a funeral that is unique and beautiful. We have a team of clergy who are here to help with services at the crematorium and at the church. Be assured that we will listen to you, pray for you, and work with you to prepare the best funeral service we can.
Please do contact us if we can help you in this in any way.
The Church of England Funerals website may be helpful to you as you plan. Click here to view the site.
Baptism marks entry into a whole new way of life – a life lived in relationship with God. We welcome every person who wants to find out more about baptism – for themselves or for their children.
We also have frequent services of thanksgiving for new children – celebrating their arrival, praying prayers of blessing on them, and presenting them with a Bible and a certificate.
To find out more please do get in touch. You can download our application form here.
Thinking of getting married at St Luke’s? That’s fantastic – we’d love to have you! We work hard to make every wedding beautiful and unique to you.
We also offer marriage preparation to every couple who gets married here – helping you to develop your relationship further as you prepare to make this commitment to each other.
Please contact the church office to find out more. If you’d like more help planning your church wedding, you may find the Your Church of England Wedding website useful.